Field Education Officer - South
Job no: 494583
Work type: Part time
Categories: Administration, Student Services
Field Education Officer - South
- Ongoing, part time (0.6FTE)
- Based on the Sandy Bay campus
- Opportunity to influence the capacity of the social care sector in Tasmania
The Social Work program seeks to influence the capacity of the social care sector in Tasmania to address social justice challenges that are personally felt and that are global in nature. Our graduates have a distinctive skill set in entrepreneurial approaches enabling them to work collaboratively with a wide range of professions and services to design sustainable solutions to complex and persistent social problem. Professional experience is a fundamental and compulsory component for students to qualify as social work practitioners.
This professional appointment coordinates the Field Education component of the Social Work program across a region. This includes arranging and supporting the placement of undergraduate and postgraduate students with a focus on safety, developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners, working within and contributing to Field Education policies and procedures, and supporting field educators and liaison staff.
- Coordinate, support and evaluate the Field Education component of the Social Work program in a designated area, including identifying placement opportunities, matching students to placements, conducting site visits, and resolving issues.
- Initiate and nurture connections with agencies to ensure student placements are facilitated, supervised and maintained in a timely manner and in accordance with regulatory and University requirements.
- Prepare students for field education placements through the provision of information, resources, workshops and seminars. In addition, provide support and facilitate learning activities for Field Educators and liaison staff to ensure a high-quality field education experience for students.
- Undertake administrative tasks associated with field education placements, ensuring accountability and compliance with University and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor, assess and report on student progress in the field education setting, including advising students on their learning and related needs and assisting in the resolution of issues.
To be successful in the role, your cover letter will need to demonstrate;
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- A degree in Social Work with at least 5 years full-time equivalent post qualifying practice experience as a social worker, including experience in field education.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and engaging manner.
- High level organisational and time management skills including the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills and the successful practical application thereof.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $100,345 comprising base salary within the range of $79,093 to $85,765 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Sonya Stanford, Head of Discipline - Social Work, Sonya.Stanford@utas.edu.au or +61 3 6324 3720.
Applications close Sunday, 1 March 2020, 11.55pm
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Position Description - Field Education Officer - South.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend