Lecturer in Accounting
Job no: 494566
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic - Teaching & Research
Lecturer in Accounting
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Launceston
- Development and deliver accounting units and accounting courses under the direction of the Head of School
The Tasmanian School of Business and Economics (TSBE) at the University of Tasmania is a provider of world-class research and teaching, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University’s Hobart, Launceston and Cradle Coast (Burnie) campuses, as well as Sydney’s Rozelle campus. The TSBE also provides undergraduate teaching programs internationally in China (Shanghai) and Hong Kong. The School’s mission is to support economic and social transformation in Tasmania, leading to a more prosperous community.
The Lecturer (Accounting) is a key academic position with a balanced workload across research, teaching and engagement. The Lecturer will make a contribution to the School by maintaining a strong focus on outstanding research contributions in terms of high quality research outputs, external research grants and higher degree research student supervision.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and contribute to the successful supervision of research higher degree students, in order to meet and regularly exceed the University’s research performance expectations for Level B.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- A good record of, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national recognition and made worthwhile contributions to the field of accounting, demonstrated by a record of quality publications, presentations at conferences and preferably success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant) and wider community.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,842 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Lisa McManus , Professor & Head of School Accounting, Lisa.McManus@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 1574.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 8 March 2020, 11.55pm
POSITION DESCRIPTION - Lecturer in Accounting.docx
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend