Research Support Administration Officer
Job no: 499209
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration, Project Management & Support
Research Support Administration Officer
- Full time, fixed position until October 2024
- Based in Hobart
We are seeking to appoint a Research Support Administration Officer to support the Research Funding team and Research Ethics team which are part of the Research Division.
The Office of Research Services (ORS) is responsible for managing the University of Tasmania’s Research Funding, Research Ethics, Research Integrity, Research Governance and Research Performance and Analysis activities. The ORS is a group of professional research administrators who are committed to providing high quality administrative support services for researchers.
The Research Support Administration Officer is responsible for the provision of effective and efficient support in the administration of research funding and research ethics and for quality support services to both staff and stakeholders. The role requires experience, skills and knowledge in the provision of effective administration support with a strong orientation to providing outstanding customer service.
- Provide generalised research administration activities and support to the Research Funding team, including liaising with and responding to a wide range of enquiries from researchers and funding bodies.
- Under the guidance of the Team Leader (Research Funding) facilitate signoff for non-specialist contract documents; assisting with the maintenance, storage, updating and tracking of records on the Research Management Database (RMDB) and other project files.
- Deliver support to researchers and Research Ethics staff in the submission, review and maintenance of ethics documentation in the University’s Ethics Review Manager (ERM) system.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Research Ethics deliver financial administration support to Research Ethics. This includes cost recovery and accounts receivable for ethics committee, chair reviews and associated activity; Committee member payments and supporting the Research Ethics staff in the management of financial reconciliations.
- Assisting in the maintenance of Research Operations infrastructure including procurement of equipment and requesting and coordinating building maintenance.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of a diploma or Certificate IV level qualifications with relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and/or training.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including well-developed written and oral communication skills, with particular emphasis on attention to detail.
- Proven ability in the use of information technology and associated applications, particularly the Microsoft Office suite, the ability to follow established data-entry procedures and basic financial management procedures.
- Organisational skills with the capacity to act independently and within a team environment, operating within guidelines, using discretion and sound judgement, working cooperatively within a small team.
- Time management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $99,698 comprising base salary within the range of $76,302 to $85,212 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Natasha Wiggins, Manager (Research Funding) Natasha.Wiggins@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 7784.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description - 499209 - RSAO.pdf
Applications close Sunday, 1 October 2023, 11.55pm
The University of Tasmania strongly encourages employees to maintain COVID-19 vaccination in line with relevant Australian Government health advice.
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend