Principal Residential College
Job no: 498205
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Student Services
Principal, Residential College
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Hobart City Campus
- Play a key role in the invigoration of the University’s residential collegiate model
Reporting to the Director of Campus Living, Sport and Recreation within the portfolio of Student Life and Enrichment, you will lead a team in delivering the reinvigorated University collegiate model informed by deep consultation and input of student leaders and residents. You will provide leadership and mentor the Deans of Students to ensure consistency of strategic approach, values, and evidence based achievement of collegiate model objectives across all precincts.
The Principal has a critical role in creating a strong collegiate community and requires outstanding leadership and people-centred attributes, with highly developed organisational skills underpinned by in-depth knowledge of collegiate style student living environments. With student and staff safety and wellbeing the highest priority, you will play the lead role in developing and nurturing a culture of connection, inclusivity and support enabling College residents and staff to live and work in a vibrant, safe, and caring environment.
- Provide inspiring leadership for the college, creating an environment which is an exemplar of collegiate living, and motivate staff to deliver an exceptional experience for students.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to promote positive engagement with student committees, student leaders and residents..
- Create an environment of clear and effective communication between staff, residents, alumni, and broader stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to protocol, procedures and practices related to supporting, monitoring, and responding to student wellbeing and safety, and response to critical incidents.
- Maintain connections to former residents and alumni as valued members of the college community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A post graduate degree level qualification or an equivalent qualification and extensive experience in a leadership and community building role in an education setting.
- Inspirational, creative and empathetic leadership skills with experience working in partnership with students or equivalent diverse communities.
- Deep understanding of the key issues for diverse cohorts of students transitioning, settling into higher education and a new community.
- Excellent cultural competency capabilities and experience working with culturally diverse communities.
- Demonstrated capacity to take a people-centred and safety-first response to complex and critical incidents in accordance with WHS legislation and University policies and procedures.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 10 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $149,574 comprising base salary of $125,951 to $127,841 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Don Knapp, Director, Campus Living: Don.Knapp@utas.edu.au or 0409 374100
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 11 December 2022, 11.55pm
Principal Residential College - 498205.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend