Job no: 498144
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Strategy
- Full time, ongoing position.
- Based in Hobart.
- Bring a contemporary approach to managing the day-to-day operations.
The College of Health and Medicine, aspires to meet the healthcare needs of an ageing population, reduce the burden of preventable chronic disease, and deliver convenient and affordable health services while improving consumer engagement in healthcare, not only for the Tasmanian community but also nationally across Australia.
In your new role as the Business Manager, you will support two of our Academic Units, the School of Psychological Sciences, and School of Pharmacy and Pharmacology and play a key role in the leadership teams to support effective and efficient operations. You will manage the operations, strategy, and business development of the two Schools, aligned to College and University strategy and the central operating environment.
To be successful in your new role, you will provide commercial acumen through the identification of opportunities and continuous improvements which supports financial sustainability, strategic programs, key relationships, and improves the overall performance of Schools. If this role aligns with your experience and ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Ensure the delivery of the College strategy through the interpretation of the strategic and operational plans, and translating that into operational and strategic plans for each School in collaboration with the Head of School.
- Be a trusted advisor across a range of activities and provide broad oversight of partnerships and industry engagement.
- Identify and lead activities in market research, business planning, business development, strategic planning and budgeting.
- Champion change and innovation and lead a culture of Lean operations and continuous improvement.
- Manage the delivery of projects and initiatives and coordinate College staff and central partners to achieve success.
- Prepare and circulate regular reports and information to enable timely and accurate management decision making.
- Lead and manage the professional staff teams of each School.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications in finance, business, human resources, management or an equivalent level of relevant professional competence and experience.
- Ability to apply well-rounded strategic and critical thinking skills consistently and proactively.
- Business, operational leadership and management experience within a complex commercial environment.
- Experience in leading, managing and developing others to deliver consistent, high-quality service to stakeholders.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and initiative to drive and implement changes to operations.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 10 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $149,574 comprising base salary of $125,951 to $127,841 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria outlined in ‘Your Application’.
- For further information about this position, please contact Leani Viljoen, Director, Operations, Leani.Viljoen@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 1312.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 2 January 2023, 11.55pm
Business Manager - 498144.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend