Senior Lecturer in Design
Job no: 498112
Work type: Part time
Categories: Balanced Research/Teaching
Senior Lecturer in Design
- Fixed term 0.8FTE part time position for a period of 3 years
- Based in Hobart
- Make an engaged and effective contribution to the School of Architecture & Design
The School of Architecture and Design provides an interdisciplinary research and teaching environment, in which the theory and practice of architecture and design are underpinned by strong commitment to environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and sensitivity to regional contexts.
This role will make a major contribution to teaching development and high-quality delivery across unit offerings in the Bachelor of Design, as well as contribute to special projects critical to the School of Architecture and Design’s success.
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Provide academic leadership and operational management for the Bachelor of Design as Course Coordinator.
- Develop and deliver high quality, innovative, scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) teaching in Design.
- Contribute to the identification and development of industry-embedded learning opportunities for design.
- Undertake research aligned with Architecture and Design’s strategic research priorities.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning including curriculum development and delivery.
- The capacity to contribute across the breadth of the design program including prior experience in University-level learning and teaching and/or design practice.
- The capacity to contribute to research through prior track record in research funding, outputs and/or research higher degree supervision.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $168,623 pro rata comprising base salary within the range of $126,906 to $144,122 pro rata plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Julian Worrall, Head of School of Architecture and Design, Julian.Worrall@utas.edu.au or (03) 6324 4476
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Senior Lecturer in Design - 498112.pdf
Applications close Tuesday, 6 December 2022, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend