Digital Content Officer
Job no: 497676
Work type: Full time
Categories: Student Services, Marketing & Communications, Community & Engagement
DIGITAL CONTENT OFFICER
- Full time position
- Fixed term till 30 June 2023
- Based in Hobart
UConnect delivers student enquiry, information and communications through three broad streams of activity: campus-based Service Centres, the Contact Centre, and through Student Communication channels. The University Student Communications team within UConnect is the primary producer, publisher and coordinator of all digital ‘one-to-many’ communications and information for continuing students on behalf of the institution.
The Digital Content Officer delivers accurate, engaging, and timely information on the University’s digital communication platforms including Student Portal, UniApp, UTASLife, AskUs; and via communication channels, for current students and for the University Community Experience Model with two major objectives:
- to facilitate students to find answers to their enquiries using information available online, thereby reducing volume; increasing predictability of incoming UConnect enquiries; and improving organisational efficiency
- to contribute to the University Community Experience Model by building a community that fosters connection, a sense of belonging, deep learner engagement and enduring connections via effective and tailored digital communications to target audiences.
- Create and edit high quality content on the UTAS student communications platforms, ensuring consistent, personalised and engaging messaging that is appropriate to the student cohort by suitably segmenting audience and managing student data.
- Ensure digital student communications and content across all platforms is routinely updated and audited to ensure accuracy and relevance. These platforms include: Student Portal, UniApp, social media (UTASLife), AskUs, and email.
- Regularly review and analyse student engagement levels with digital content and impact and prepare reports to inform priorities and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and oversee the University Community Experience Model’s associated communications via various methods, including push notifications, news articles, posting, email and other engagement methods to deliver a rich, distinctive and enhanced community experience. This will include working with the relevant stakeholders including student leaders, Community Experience Coordinators and TUSA to create and deliver content.
- Contribute to the management of the digital platforms that UConnect has custodianship for by liaising with subject matter experts and other relevant staff to ensure the content is correct and updated in a timely manner, errors and gaps in knowledge or content are identified and addressed, and system analytics and user feedback are used to continuously improve the knowledge base.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of a degree in a related field such as media, journalism or marketing and relevant experience in development and production of digital content and communications.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills, including web and graphic design, copywriting, creation of digital assets, editing, layout of digital content; and email publication and automation.
- Experience in analysing users’ engagement with digital content and continually improving digital communications, reach and engagement to meet best practice.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise workflow and tasks in a dynamic work environment to meet tight deadlines while remaining calm and focused, and deliver high quality outcomes using initiative, judgement, and innovation.
- An understanding of student management systems for cohort/audience segmentations and strong skills in the use of contemporary software applications including content management systems, web/app management tools and software such as Student Portal, UTAS App and Eloqua.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $96,794 comprising base salary within the range of $74,080 to $82,730 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Eliza Winkler, Team Leader - University Student Communications, Eliza.Winkler@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 2324.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 11 August 2022, 11.55pm
PD for HEO5 Digital Content Officer.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend