Job no: 496645
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration, Community & Engagement
- Full time, ongoing position.
- Based in Hobart.
- Create a welcoming environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, Community, and visitors.
The Riawunna team is focused on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student success, and we provide a culturally welcoming space for our students to study, access academic and cultural support and be a part of a dynamic community.
The Administrative Officer role is a crucial link for the Riawunna team to conduct Riawunna’s operational requirements. It is a front of house position and is the first person students, staff, visitors, and Aboriginal community members will see and meet in the Riawunna Centre on the Sandy Bay campus. The position is responsible for the provision of effective and efficient administrative support to the Riawunna team. The incumbent will undertake day to day administrative support for all Riawunna programs and projects that supports positive change for Aboriginal student success.
This is an Identified Position. Applicants must be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to be considered for this role. Candidates must provide eligibility documentation with their application. Please contact email@example.com to discuss the required documentation to be provided with application.
- Provide a high level of administrative support to Riawunna’s programs and facilitate the Welcome to Country ceremonies for the south working closing with the Riawunna team.
- Provide support with the financial management of Riawunna Programs and support the management of records, assets, and student data.
- Work effectively with University partners as required.
- Monitor and provide timely responses to enquiries in Customer Record Management (CRM).
- Refer students to the appropriate Riawunna team members for assistance and support.
- Support the facilitation and prepare Risk Assessments of Cultural events/activities at the Riawunna Centre.
- Support the development and maintenance of Riawunna’s marketing, including ordering all promotional merchandise.
- Maintain Riawunna’s webpage and social media, ensuring that content is current and accurate.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- This is an Identified position. The appointee will be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person (refer to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identified Position Guidelines for required documentation to be provided with application).
- High level ability to communicate effectively and in a cultural sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and to work respectfully as part of a team.
- Awareness of the services and programs delivered by the Riawunna Centre for Aboriginal students, University Community, and the Aboriginal Community.
- High level ability to stay focused on tasks and work efficiently and effectively to deadlines together with a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, able to act independently within use discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Ability to undertake administrative tasks using a variety of programs including Microsoft programs.
- Ability to work transparently and collaboratively within a team and other internal stakeholders.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $80,122 comprising base salary within the range of $64,643 to $68,480 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the success criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Caroline Spotswood, Head of Service - Riawunna, Caroline.Spotswood@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 8542.
- Please direct any questions regarding eligibility requirements for confirmation of Aboriginality to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday, 17 December 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - Administrative Officer.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend