Learning and Research Librarian
Job no: 495908
Work type: Full time
Learning and Research Librarian
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Launceston
- Utilise your skills, knowledge and guidance in Library and Information services and delivery.
Responsible for the development and delivery of information services and the development and implementation of engaging, pedagogically sound content in partnership with the Academic Division and Colleges while promoting and demonstrating the UTAS values and Behaviours to support the culture and objectives of the University.
- In collaboration with Colleges and Divisions, develop and embed information, digital and research literacy programs and resources into the University’s curriculum and research activities.
- Proactively contribute to academic programs, to build the information, digital, and research capabilities of staff and students in specific disciplines, or in a specific region.
- Oversee and contribute to Library service delivery by responding to student and staff enquiries, virtually across all regions and face-to-face on University sites.
- Design, create, deliver, promote and evaluate pedagogically sound online learning materials and information skills programs for clients at all levels, using appropriate formats and technologies.
- Provide specialist support services and advice to researchers and staff on topics including but not limited to scholarly publishing, research impact, reference management and developing search strategies for systematic reviews.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A degree in Library and Information Science with the ability to demonstrate relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training which would allow professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Experience in the delivery of information, digital and research skills programs into the curriculum.
- Advanced digital literacy skills and experience in the use of a wide range of electronic resources, systems and software used in tertiary and library environments.
- Experience in developing educational resources and materials, as a critical, evidence based, and reflective practitioner.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $100,345 comprising base salary within the range of $79,093 to $85,765 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Mrs Chris Evans, Senior Librarian, Learning and Research, Christine.Evans@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2132
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Position Description - Learning Research Librarian.pdf
Applications close Monday, 14 June 2021, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend