- Full time appointment
- Based in Launceston
- Contribute to establishing the University as a highly renowned and credible higher education provider through improved student end-to-end onboarding experience.
Recruitment and International, which is part of the Division of Future Students, plays a critical role in the implementation of the University’s student recruitment strategy through driving the recruitment, conversion, and enrolment of future students to the university. The Director Student Journey is responsible for ensuring the University delivers a seamless and positive student recruitment process. It will contribute to establishing the University as a highly renowned and credible higher education provider through improved student end-to-end onboarding experience, to become sector-leading.
The Director Student Journey will operate with a high degree of autonomy under the broad direction of the Executive Director (Recruitment and International) to establish and successfully execute strategies which will improve the customer service, timeframes, processes and handling of students applying to and enrolling at the University.
This position is responsible for leading the Student Journey portfolio, consisting of conversion, admissions and enquiry centre, and is a member of the senior leadership team in Future Students. The incumbent will be required to deliver a step change in our processes that result in high levels of satisfaction, excitement, and engagement with our future students at the early stages of their journey. They will be required to deliver high standards of leadership in a complex environment through a highly engaged workforce, strong and collaborative professional relationships, and a high degree of initiative and ownership across a range of complex policy and operational areas associated with the attraction, recruitment, application, enrolment and onboarding of future students.
• Deliver a streamlined process across the entire student journey, whereby future students build excitement and anticipation as they navigate the process from enquiry to enrolment with ease and clarity.
• Create efficiencies in the student journey process through reduced touchpoints, increased autonomy, improved optimisation of interactions with future students, reduced wait and turnaround times.
• Provide a sound customer service experience for future students which delivers highly accessible, timely, accurate and consistent information, advice and support services.
• In collaboration with Marketing, ensure the communication with our future students is timely, accurate and effective.
• Translate University strategic priorities into the Division’s strategy together with well-defined operational and performance plans to ensure targets are met.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
• Significant high-level experience in customer experience, sales, business development and marketing, including demonstrated success in developing and leading strategies that have improved customer experiences.
• Extensive relationship management experience, with a proven ability to engage with and influence a diverse range of people across various levels of seniority.
• An engaging people leader with an excellent ability to create and lead productive and unified teams, and actively contribute to a collaborative and credible senior leadership team across the Division.
• An improvement driven individual with strong capability to identify and utilise opportunities to deliver continuous development of processes, services and culture.
• Proven ability in strategy development within a customer experience context including: a comprehensive understanding of the factors influencing customers; the capacity to provide insightful analysis of competitor activity; and the ability to undertake appropriate research.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Rob Wilson, Deputy Vice Chancellor (International), firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6226 2473.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday 30 July 2021, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
PD Director Student Journey.pdf