Job no: 495838
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, Launceston, Burnie, Tasmania - West Coast
- Full time appointment
- Lead the international recruitment portfolio and establish and deliver targeted recruitment strategies in international markets.
Recruitment and International, which is part of the Division of Future Students, plays a critical role in the implementation of the University’s student recruitment strategy through driving the recruitment, conversion, and enrolment of future students to the university. The Director International is responsible for establishing and delivering targeted recruitment strategies in international markets, which deliver a diverse and high-quality pipeline of students across the range of our offerings.
The Director International will operate with a high degree of autonomy under the broad direction of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International) to establish and successfully execute strategies which will increase and expand the international recruitment channels. The incumbent will diversify international revenue and maximise return on international investment through an increased breadth in the international student profile.
This position is responsible for leading the international recruitment portfolio, consisting of staff based in Australia and Overseas including Regional Managers, Recruitment Officers and Agent Management. The position is also a key member of the leadership team in Future Students. The incumbent will be required to deliver high standards of leadership in a complex environment through a highly engaged workforce, strong and collaborative professional relationships, and a high degree of initiative and ownership across a range of complex policy and operational areas associated with the recruitment of International Students. This position is accountable for the delivery of targets across three key metrics revenue, diversity, and risk rating, as a result, the position’s advice and decisions have University-wide impact.
• Expand the University’s engagement and relationships in international markets to deliver a diversified international student profile at the University and to reduce the risk of high concentrations from, or reliance on, particular regions.
• Maximise return on investment from international markets and establish improved reliability, through diversified international revenue and recruitment channels to become sector leading.
• Ensure high quality representation of the University, strengthen networks and build strategic alliances throughout the international sector to identify and secure market growth opportunities.
• In collaboration with Marketing, develop and deliver strategies for raising the University of Tasmania’s profile in international markets.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- An engaging people leader with an excellent ability to create and lead productive and unified teams, and actively contribute to a collaborative and credible senior leadership team across the Division.
- Significant high-level experience in international sales, business development and marketing as well as the development and implementation of business plans to support international student recruitment, including demonstrated success in developing and leading strategies for growing international student numbers and revenue.
- Proven capacity to deliver on enrolment and revenue targets across a variety of markets and establish partnerships with other universities internationally. Extensive relationship management experience, with a proven ability to interact with a diverse range of people across various levels of seniority.
- Proven ability in strategy development within the international education context including: a comprehensive understanding of the factors influencing students and their families in selecting an international tertiary institution, the capacity to provide insightful analysis of competitor activity, and the ability to undertake appropriate research.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Rob Wilson, Deputy Vice Chancellor (International), firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6226 2473.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday 30 July 2021, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
PD Director International.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend