ICT Security Analyst - Operations
Job no: 495610
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
ICT Security Analyst - Operations
- Fixed term, full time position until March 2024
- Based in Launceston.
- Lead compliance reviews across ICT infrastructure, business systems and business practices.
The University’s Information Technology Services (ITS) is an essential part of teaching, learning, research, and administrative activities.
As the ICT Security Analyst – Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing information risks encompassing reviewing logs and investigating anomalies, remaining up to date on industry development relating to information security and managing investigations of a highly sensitive nature where breaches of privacy have occurred.
We are an inclusive workplace committed to ‘working from the strength that diversity brings’ reflected in our Statement of Values. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people and are committed to inclusive principles. We celebrate the range of diverse assets that gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age and life course bring. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. Tell us how we can make this job work for you.
- Design and implement mitigation strategies and coordinate the incident response process.
- Manage enterprise vulnerability assessments and analyse data from threat and vulnerability feeds.
- Collaborate with ICT Services Teams and stakeholders to manage ICT security compliance and investigations.
- Promote the ICT security agenda shaping positive outcomes for ICT use in a secure and efficient environment.
- Develop reporting and communication methods, providing expert advice on contemporary ICT security issues.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Experience in ICT security compliance and risk management and ability to report on ICT security threats.
- Technical expertise in system and network security, authentication, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, network and web-related protocols.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT or ICT security industry certifications or extensive relevant experience in ICT security.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills when working in a team or independently.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $112,425 comprising base salary within the range of $87,423 to $96,090 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Peter Groenewoud, ICT Security Manager, Peter.Groenewoud@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 6361.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process
Applications close Thursday, 22 April 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - ICT Security Analyst - Operations.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend