Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Media
Job no: 495242
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic - Teaching & Research
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Media
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
- Expand your network of external partnerships through research, teaching, and community engagement.
The Creative Arts and Media programs are globally respected for the calibre of research conducted by staff and students, and the quality of teaching and learning programs, which provide a rich platform for future inspiration. The degrees offered relevant to this role include Bachelor of Fine Arts, Diploma of Fine Arts Bachelor of Arts major, Diploma of Creative Arts and Health and Diploma of Family History.
The School of Creative Arts and Media seeks a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Media with an active Communication and Media research agenda, a record of research outcomes and the proven capacity to attract external research funds. Teaching responsibilities and duties encompass curriculum design, coordination, development and teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate units in Media. CAM especially values the potential for Media to positively engage with the research domains: thriving and connected communities and communicating environmental change.
- Contribute to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings, and successfully supervise research higher degree students.
- Undertake scholarly teaching of an exemplary quality.
- Provide operational and people leadership, congruent with the level of appointment.
- Contribute to the development of productive and effective links inside the University, locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and with the wider community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Experience and achievement in University-level teaching and learning including curriculum design, online teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Demonstrated organisational skills and excellent time and workload management skills including the ability to exercise initiative, prioritise, and problem solve in a dynamic team-based work environment.
- For appointment at Level D:
- Success as a people leader, with a record in growing strong working relationships and positive and productive team cultures in academic environments.
- A substantial record in and continuing commitment to research that has achieved international recognition and made innovative, and sustained contributions to the field of Communication and Media Studies, particularly contemporary media theory and practice, including digital media and new communication technologies.
- A substantial record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions in Media.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership capacity in the promotion of discipline-based activities, academic agendas, and curriculum improvements, with skills and experience in online and blended skills, course and unit coordination, curriculum design, flexible course delivery, and multi-campus teaching.
- For appointment at Level C:
- Ability as a people leader, with experience in the development of strong working relationships and positive and productive team cultures in academic environments.
- A strong record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national and preferably international recognition and made notable contributions to the field of Communication and Media Studies, particularly contemporary media theory and practice, including digital media.
- A record of successful research higher degree supervision and completions in Media.
- Demonstrated experience in University-level teaching and learning, with skills and experience in online and blended teaching skills, unit coordination, curriculum design, flexible course delivery, and multi-campus teaching.
Appointment to this role at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $158,046 comprising base salary within the range of $118,946 to $135,082 plus 17% superannuation.
Appointment to this role at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $180,838 comprising base salary within the range of $142,538 to $154,562 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact, Meg Keating, Head of School, Creative Arts and Media, Meg.Keating@utas.edu.au.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday 26 February 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Media.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend