Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Marine Phytoplankton Physiological Ecology
Job no: 493805
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic - Teaching & Research
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Marine Phytoplankton Physiological Ecology
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Hobart, Salamanca
The Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) is widely recognised for world-leading research in Oceanography, Fisheries Sciences, Marine Biology, and Southern Ocean and Antarctic Science.
The Ecology and Biodiversity Centre is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (Level B), Senior Lecturer (Level C) or Associate Professor (Level D) to undertake research and undergraduate and graduate level teaching. Working in collaboration with other marine researchers within IMAS, the main focus of this role is on the ecology and ecophysiology of phytoplankton from polar to temperate latitudes.
- Undertake high-quality research and publishing to meet expectations for Level B, C or D
- Provide academic leadership and foster outstanding research and learning and teaching commensurate with the level of appointment
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of links inside and external to the University
- Make a strong contribution to the University to achieve objectives and operational responsibilities
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in phytoplankton ecology or related microalgal research field
- A good (B) or strong (C/D) record in research that has achieved international recognition
- Experience in building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and internationally
- Experience in interdisciplinary phytoplankton research on coastal or ocean voyages
- A record of contributions to successful research higher degree supervision and completions (C/D)
LEVEL B - Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,842 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 17% superannuation.
Level C - Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $158,046 comprising base salary within the range of $118,946 to $135,082 plus 17% superannuation.
Level D - Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $180,838 comprising base salary within the range of $142,538 to $154,562 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role (specify Level B, C or D), and your responses to the relevant position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Craig Johnson, Centre Director – Ecology & Biodiversity and Associate Director - IMAS, Craig.Johnson@utas.edu.au or 6226 2582.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 2 September 2019, 11.55pm
Level B - Position Description - 493805.pdf
Level C - Position Description - 493805.pdf
Level D - Position Description - 493805.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend