Job no: 492971
Work type: Full time
In the role you will:
- Ensure the provision of timely financial advice and analysis to Budget Centre owners, including guidance on cost allocation, management reporting and the preparation of journals.
- Monitor financial performance of assigned Budget Centres and provide support and advice on financial and budget management issues.
- Assist in the preparation of the University’s annual budget and associated reporting requirements.
- Work with Procurement category managers to interrogate data and identify value opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective communication and working relationships with relevant staff at the University.
- Participate in projects to improve financial management capability and service delivery, as well as contribute to the continuous improvement of finance processes, procedures and policy.
- Undertake ad hoc projects within your field of expertise as required by Financial Services or University management teams.
You will be employed on a full time, ongoing basis.
To be considered, the following selection criteria are essential requirements:
- Completion of a relevant Degree and/or extensive relevant work experience.
- Progress towards an internationally recognised accounting body’s qualification, or a combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proven financial, analytical and commercial skills, including problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- The ability to analyse and interpret large financial data sets and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel. Power BI is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively liaise with applicable Budget Centre owners and to work in a flexible and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight time frames often with conflicting deadlines, and to progress projects to completion and to assess and evaluate the project impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently with general direction or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and possess the initiative to recommend changes to policy and procedure where improvements or efficiencies can be achieved.
- Demonstrated client service focus and experience in a client service environment
- Proficient in the use of Finance systems and the ability and willingness to learn and develop skills using new applications.
While not essential, the following attributes are desirable:
- Familiarity with Technology One Financials system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the University sector and current issues and trends confronting Universities.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $98,133 comprising base salary within the range of $76,147 to $83,874 plus 17% superannuation.
There are 2 x Management Accountant positions available within this team.
For further information about this position please contact Madeline Cook, Management Accountant, Financial Services, Madeline.Cook@utas.edu.au / (03) 6226 6356.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Applications close Monday, 19 November 2018, 11.55pm
Divisional Management Accountant HEO 6 Position Description .pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend