Team Leader – Information Infrastructure
Job no: 492968
Work type: Full time
Categories: Infrastructure & Property
In the role you will:
- Responsibility for management of members of the Information Infrastructure development team and their staff development and training.
- Project management of all aspects of infrastructure development.
- Ensuring infrastructure development can meet the needs of the Data Services team and of IMOS/AODN in general.
- Work within the AODN Executive (Director, Executive Officer, two team leaders) to prepare business and implementation plans for the AODN.
- Engage with the national and international marine science community to ensure best practice and promote uptake and use of the AODN information infrastructure.
You will be employed on a Full Time, Fixed Term (2.5 year) basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualification in information systems management and / or demonstrated experience in leading information systems projects.
- Extensive experience of information management issues and technologies which are relevant to managing distributed, heterogeneous scientific data and resources in the long term and in an on-line environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train team members, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- Extensive experience of distributed data systems, metadata standards and use, data exchange protocols and methods, and spatial/geographic information systems.
- Project management skills including budget control, implemented under a recognised project management framework, such as Prince II.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 9 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $134,859 comprising base salary within the range of $108,795 to $115,264 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Sebastien Mancini, Data Services Specialist, Sebastien.Mancini@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 8571.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria in one document.
Applications close Friday, 16 November 2018, 11:55pm.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend