Program Manager, Public Events
Job no: 492613
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration, Marketing & Communications, Community & Engagement
The Program Manager, Public Events is responsible for the management of the University of Tasmania’s public forums that aim to stimulate debate and discussion in the wider Tasmanian community, and providing support and advice for partnered events.
This role will be located centrally within the Advancement Office and report to the Manager, Events & Protocol. The role will be required to offer specialised advice to Hub business Partners and their Clients.
In the role you will:
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to develop public forums and lectures that support the reputation of the University of Tasmania as a leader in public dialogue, debate and thought leadership.
- Assist with the management of the University’s public forums, including coordination the events for University wide major and protocol events.
- Produce materials to support the marketing and promotion of events.
- Liaise with the Media Office to provide stories and arrange media releases for UTAS events.
- Produce briefing notes, run sheets, scripts, programs, and handouts, as required, for central events and liaise/negotiate with event suppliers and stakeholders.
You will be employed on a full-time, ongoing basis. A part-time or job share arrangement would be considered.
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of degree level qualification, with relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Well developed communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, and well developed negotiation ability.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, and particular emphasis on attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, using discretion and sound judgement.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $95,962.00 comprising base salary within the range of $75,022.00 to $82,019.00 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Belinda Brock, Manager, Events and Graduations, Belinda.Brock@utas.edu.au / 03 6324 3521.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Sunday, 27 May 2018.
Program Manager, Public Events - Position Description.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend