Higher Degree Research Recruitment Coordinator
Job no: 492491
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, Launceston
The Graduate Research Office, within the Division of Research, is a group of professional administrators who are committed to providing high quality graduate research services. The Higher Degree Research Recruitment Coordinator implements the HDR recruitment strategy with the intent to attract quality HDR applicants and provide efficient expression of interest (EOI) and application processes.
The role is responsible for managing and developing recruitment initiatives, progressing potential EOIs and applications, maintaining enquiry data and systems, responding to potential candidate enquiries, converting enquires to applications, and converting applications to enrolments.
In the role you will:
- Provide accurate and timely advice to potential HDR candidates regarding University of Tasmania entry requirements, programs, courses, pathways, admission processes and student experience.
- Utilise the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, follow up and respond to prospective student enquiries, or refer on as required.
- Capture prospective student lead data within CRM systems for all student recruitment activity.
- Maintain an understanding of national and international HDR recruitment best practice and continuously improve current practice by identifying and remedying potential best practice barriers.
- Take the lead on working closely with the Global Division and specifically the Marketing Office, and academic staff in the Colleges and Schools to manage, develop, advertise and respond to HDR opportunities.
- Identify business process improvements and work closely with the HDR Systems Project and Student Systems and Business Processes teams to streamline and improve systems and electronic recruitment processes.
- Identify updates to Studylink, hard copy and online resources (including social media content) pertaining to the recruitment of HDR candidates, the conversion of enquiries to applications, and the conversion of applications to enrolments
- Synthesise institutional HDR data and analyse internal and external datasets to inform Research Division strategic considerations regarding potential HDR markets, target populations and the timing and content of recruitment campaigns.
- Develop and provide timely comprehensive reports on HDR recruitment initiatives and conversion rates.
- Create, advertise and event-manage internal and external HDR recruitment initiatives such as open days, campus tours, college visits, and career/trade fairs etc.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and resources for HDR recruitment.
- In conjunction with the Fees and Compliance Unit ensure recruitment is compliant with the ESOS Act 2000 and other relevant legislative frameworks, and meets standards outlined in the National Code 2018.
Based in Hobart or Launceston you will be employed on a full-time fixed-term basis until 31 December 2019.
To be considered, you will have:
- A degree with at least four years subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated detailed understanding of, or capacity to develop high level expertise in, student application, admissions and enrolments processes including scholarships.
- Demonstrated experience in leading or taking a lead role in specialist projects to improve workflow processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including experience in providing advice to diverse stakeholders and the ability to collaborate within and across teams.
- Experience in, or capacity to develop skills in, developing and reviewing content for print and electronic publications and in the preparation of recruitment materials and resources.
- Well-developed organisational skills including the capacity to think and solve problems independently and to prioritise and progress multiple tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to perform data analysis and prepare comprehensive data for reports.
- An awareness of, and sensitivity to, the needs and aspirations of applicants/candidates from developing countries and/or from differing cultural, economic and social backgrounds.
- Demonstrated, or capacity to develop expertise in, event management, engagement and public relations experience.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $100,623 comprising base salary within the range of $82,515 to $91,893 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Shauna-Lee Ward, Graduate Research Operations Manager, ShaunaLee.Ward@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 2862.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday 4 June 2018.
PD - HDR Recruitment Coordinator.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend